Get a Tooth Pulled in Rockwall
Dr. Williamson understands that having a full and complete smile is important to your self-confidence. We also know that occasionally, circumstances may arise that makes it necessary to have a tooth pulled.
In our office, we do everything in our power to make your dental treatment the best it can be.
- We protect your natural teeth first. We attempt conservative methods whenever possible. If we can use restorative procedures to save your real teeth, we will.
- If you need a tooth removal, your comfort is a top priority. We perform tooth extraction procedures under local anesthesia so that you may feel pressure, but no pain. Patient amenities and sedation options are also available.
- We will create a post-tooth removal plan with you. We will help you recover quickly and safely, and we’ll discuss tooth replacement options that will satisfy your vision for your improved smile.
Is a Tooth Extraction Really Necessary?
A tooth removal is performed after all other alternatives have been ruled out. Situations that may make a tooth extraction necessary include:
- Infection or risk of infection.
- Severe damage from trauma.
- Impacted wisdom teeth.
- Overcrowded teeth.
What Happens During a Tooth Removal?
1. We will assess the location and position of the tooth to maximize accuracy.
2. We discuss your anesthesia and sedation options and plan a pain-free experience.
3. We carefully remove the tooth and have you bite down on some gauze to stop the bleeding.
Tooth Extraction Aftercare
After you have a tooth pulled, recovery usually takes a couple of days. We will do everything we can to help you avoid discomfort and complications. We recommend:
- Taking pain relievers as described by your dentist when necessary.
- Leaving gauze in place for the recommended amount of time.
- Applying ice for 10 minutes at a time in intervals to reduce swelling after the procedure.
- Avoiding rinsing, smoking, spitting, and sucking for several hours after the procedure in order to avoid disturbing the clot.
- Eating soft foods right after the extraction, and gradually adding solid foods back into your diet.
- Avoiding the extraction site for the first few days while brushing your teeth.
Questions? Want to Schedule? Contact us in Rockwall Today!
Sometimes, it is better to protect your whole smile in the long run by having one tooth pulled right now. Rest assured that at Karen Williamson DDS in Rockwall near Royse City TX we are going to give your smile a second chance with beautiful restorations!
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us! We are confident that we can give you a pleasant treatment experience.