Wisdom teeth removal is probably the most common and well-known type of oral surgery. That’s because the human mouth is often too small to accommodate a final set of molars.
The human mouth has evolved and changed over time to accommodate our diet. Our mouth has grown smaller and does not usually have the need or space for all 32 teeth.
Dr. Williamson is qualified and experienced in providing comfortable wisdom tooth extractions. She will take a good look at your unique situation to help you determine if wisdom teeth extraction is necessary for you or not. With advanced technology, we can glean a lot of information about your oral health needs and properly plan your surgery if necessary.
Wisdom Teeth Complications
- Some of the reasons why wisdom teeth may be threatening and reasons why we may recommend wisdom tooth removal include:
- Impacted teeth: Teeth might not erupt properly from the gums and become impacted. They can inflame the gum tissue, resulting in pain and potentially causing a systemic infection.
- Periodontal disease: Gum disease is likely to occur around an erupted or partially erupted wisdom tooth, which may lead to bone loss.
- Dental caries: Tooth decay may occur between the wisdom teeth and the second molars. It is difficult to reach, see, and clean these back teeth.
- Cysts and tumors: Impacted wisdom teeth have been linked to the development of dangerous cysts and tumors.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you need to have your wisdom teeth pulled, Dr. Williamson makes the wisdom tooth removal process quick and simple. We will make a small incision, separate the tooth into pieces, and remove each piece gently and carefully.
We offer local anesthesia and sedation options to ensure your experience is pain-free. Come learn more about your smile and your individual needs. We offer comprehensive, high-quality dental care with a wide variety of services. Call today!