“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” The famous saying was coined in regards to fire safety. But like all timeless quotes, it applies to many more aspects of modern life. At Karen E. Williamson DDS PA in Rockwall TX , we apply it to dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some essential guidelines are highlighted here.
- Brush your teeth. Do it twice a day without fail, for two minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Don’t forget the floss. Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
- Wear a protective mouthguard when joining in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged.
- Avoid smoking and sugary foods.
- Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection, and nerve damage, so if you have them, make sure to keep your mouth extra clean!
- Schedule regular dental visits.
At Karen E. Williamson DDS PA in Rockwall TX we want all our patients to enjoy healthy teeth and gums. People from Royse City, Backland, Heath, and Fate come to our office for full cosmetic dentistry services. Request an appointment and schedule your next cleaning and checkup today!
Contact Karen E Williamson D.D.S., P.A:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):