Do you know that the most common cause of tooth loss among adults is gum disease? The good news is that at Karen E. Williamson DDS PA in Rockwall, gum disease is easy to treat when it is detected in the early stages.
Regular check-ups are important, but there are warning signs for gum disease that everyone should be looking for.
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that are tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- A bite that changes suddenly so that your teeth don’t seem to fit together correctly
- Detached gums
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
- Loose or separating teeth
No amount of brushing and flossing will remove tartar from your teeth. It takes a professional cleaning to remove it, which is why we want to see our patients twice a year.
The type of treatment a patient gets for gum disease depends on the extent of the condition. Part of the treatment might include behavioral changes. And it is essential that the patient adopts good daily dental care.
The unfortunate truth is that anyone can get gum disease. But there is always hope; the earlier it is detected, the sooner treatment can begin. Karen E. Williamson DDS PA in Rockwall provides gum disease treatment, as well as restorative dentistry. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Karen E Williamson D.D.S., P.A:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
560 W Ralph Hall Pkwy, Rockwall, TX